The Institute is run by the Association for Protest and Movement Research, which is registered with the Berlin-Charlottenburg District Court and recognized as a non-profit organization.
The association was founded in August 2012 to provide a legal framework for the institute and to organize the interests of involved and interested scientists. Meanwhile the association is supported by more than 200 members. (to the statutes of the association).
All colleagues who are scientifically engaged with protests and social movements are invited to join the association and to contribute to the work of the institute. All those who wish to support the work of the association are welcome as sponsoring members (to the membership application form).
The board of the association elected in november 2020, consists of:
Simon Teune (Chairman), Priska Daphi (Vice Chairman), Sebastian Haunss (Treasurer), Jannis Grimm (Assessor), Piotr Kocyba (Assessor), Verena Stern (Assessor) and Moritz Sommer (Assessor).
The founding members of the association are:
- Priska Daphi, Professor of Conflict Sociology at the University of Bielefeld (website)
- Donatella della Porta, Professor of Political Science and Director of the “Center on Social Movement Studies” at the Scuola Normale Superiore, Florence (website)
- Klaus Eder, Professor Emeritus of Sociology at the Humboldt University of Berlin (website)
- Ansgar Klein, private lecturer at the Institute for Social Science of the Humboldt University of Berlin, managing director of the Federal Network for Civic Engagement and editor of the Research Journal Social Movements (BBE website, Research Journal website)
- Jochen Roose, Konrad-Adenauer-Foundation, Coordinator for Surveys and Party Research (Website)
- Roland Roth, Professor Emeritus of Political Science at the University of Applied Sciences Magdeburg-Stendal and co-founder of the Institute for Democratic Development and Social Integration (DESI website)
- Dieter Rucht, Professor Emeritus of Sociology and former co-head of the research group “Civil Society, Citizenship and Political Mobilization in Europe” at the Social Science Research Center Berlin (website)
- Rupert Graf Strachwitz, Director of the Maecenata Institute for Philanthropy and Civil Society (website)
- Wolfgang Stuppert, employee at Camino. Workshop for further education, practical support and research in the social sector (website)
- Simon Teune, Co-Head of the Department “Social Movements, Technology, Conflicts” at the Center for Technology and Society at the TU Berlin (Website | Twitter)
- Heike Walk, Professor for Transformation and Governance at the Eberswalde University of Applied Sciences (Website)
- Sabrina Zajak, Junior Professor at the Institute for Social Movements, Bochum (website) and Head of the Conflict and Consensus Department at the Dezim Institute (website)
Bank details: Verein für Protest und Bewegungsforschung e.V. | IBAN: DE90 4306 0967 1147 0403 00 | BIC: GENODEM1GLS | Bank: GLS Gemeinschaftsbank